Average Resident Personality Test Scores:
Helpfulness: 2.96 |
Name: | Age: 20 | Gender: Male | ZIP: 92507 | Resident for: 2 years | Added on: 2011-11-12
Artisticness: 2 Calmness: 3 Helpfulness: 4 Intelligence: 2 Neatness: 2 Outgoingness: 3
Was this review useful? Yes/No | Report spam
What do you like about Riverside?
1. Relatively cheap compared to Los Angeles, Orange, or San Diego
2. Proximity to Ontario Int'l Airport, the best airport in SoCal (International flights are limited, however, I believe you can only fly to Canada or Mexico directly from the airport).
4. If you have a car and don't dislike driving, getting around the massive suburban sprawl can be pretty pleasant.
5. The universities in the city
What do you dislike about Riverside?
1. Eastside neighborhood (filled with street drugs, prostitution, gangs, urban decay, homelessness).
2. Trailer trash/white trash element in certain areas of the city
What are your favorite parts of the city to live and/or hang out in?
University, Canyon Crest, Downtown, Alessandro heights
How expensive is it?
Moderately, but very cheap when compared with other areas of SoCal
Is it safe?
For a city of its size, (300,000) it's relatively safe, but do not go into the Eastside neightborhood, which is home to a Crips set among dozens of other violent feuding gangs, registered sex offenders, and horrifying poverty. The small Casa Blanca barrio is also to be avoided. The rest of the city is middle-class suburbia, for the most part.
How is the weather?
Unbearably hot and smoggy from May-September, but very pleasant otherwise.